- 100% British wool spun in Huddersfield
- Bluefaced Leicester (BFL) and BFL Lambswool sourced directly from farms in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Approximate measurements: 156cm x 200cm + short purled fringe
- Woven on a heritage loom at Farfield Mill
- Recommended care: cool hand wash or dry clean. Do not tumble dry. Use a warm iron to remove creases. Can be machine washed at 30C on a gentle wool cycle with an eco-friendly soap.
UK delivery included
Laura has sourced fleece from local farms since 2008.This new venture has taken Laura’s Loom into the realm of production weaving, working with small manufacturers across the north of England and into the Scottish Borders to create limited edition collections of British wool throws and scarves. She oversee the entire process, each year collecting bags of fleece from a dozen farms in the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks, she sorts the wool in her back yard from where it is sent to Bradford for scouring. Her yarn is spun in West Yorkshire, dyed in Selkirk and woven in Langholm and in Sedbergh. All of the initial design and sampling is done by hand, on Laura’s American Harrisville 8-shaft floor loom in her Yorkshire Dales studio. This low-carbon production sustains local employment and reduces the carbon footprint of wool which so often goes to landfill from UK farms. Wool is a natural, sustainable and renewable fibre, naturally resistant to fire and remarkably strong. But perhaps most importantly, wool is biodegradable and does not leave behind microscopic plastic when it decays.